I am supposed to be studying hard (almost feels like I am cramming for finals) and preparing for a meeting tomorrow but I guess in my free...or more like procrastination time, I have been *guiltily* watching movies that end with a happily ever after.
I don't know why but I have been slightly upset over the past two days. I seem to cry at the slightest thing. I sure hope I am not coming down with a bout of depression. And yes, that was intended to have the same (insert word here for having the same weight/consequence as) having the flu.
Something about all these shows, did you ever realise no happy ever after is achieved without the help of really good friends who would do anything to ensure your happiness? So is that it? Friends would be the key to the happily ever afters and the answer to all...?
Well I shall report back on that when I get to the end of my life then.
One other thing is something I read on facebook the other day, "Dear parents," it started. "Jasmine was in a relationship with a dirty homeless boy named Aladdin. Snow White lived alone with 7 men. Pinnochino was a liar. Robin Hood was a thief. Tarzan walked around without clothes on. A stranger kissed Sleeping Beauty, and she married him! Cinderella lied and snuck out at night to attend a party."
And it goes on to say, "Sincerely, it's not our fault, it's how you raised them..."
Which is true. Parents raised their kids with so much false hope - fairies and santa clause and all the other magical wonderful things. And then one day they wake up hating life because it didn't turn out to be as amazing as they were led to believe? Really, is that the right way to bring up your kids?
Think about it.
Signing off,
Cynical and moody.
P.S. Please excuse my atrocious grammatical errors.
No comments:
Post a Comment