Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates

Still no news on that front. Other than that things are alright. I feel much better because I got a little clarification even though it wasn't the actual 'answer' answer...

Went for sociology today. Headache. Discussion was based on medicalisation in today's community and how it might or might not be beneficial to us. My opinion on this is that we cannot set limits to where the medicalisation starts and ends and hence, this would be a pretty big disaster. Why? Well with all the pharmaceutical companies out there waiting to get your money...... You get my drift. So on and on we debated in class today. I mean is shyness a disease? Do you think it is? Because there are people that do. And that is how crapped up the whole situation is. In that case what else can be classified as a disease and what drugs do we "prescribe" to these people? Yeah, a science student that aspired to actually work in a drug company is studying sociology. CONFLICT, baby~!!!!

I love this subject though. So anyone wants to give me their opinion on this? If medicalisation were to be subjected in your lives, where do you think the limit should start and end and who do you think holds the "power" to decide? Do you think doctors are the one in charge? Or are the companies (capitalists) the ones that make the decisions behind closed doors and then tell doctors what to do? And on and on and on.... Yeah there is a lot more to it which i will not divulge here. Lazy. I hope i got all my concepts right. Better start on my 2500 word essay.

Next realisation of the day, uni life is almost over. Well at least life as an undergraduate is almost over. Oh no. I just realised earlier that this midsem break was probably the last midsem break that I will ever have for the rest of my life. AHHhhh~!!!!! I regret working and not having fun and playing, playing, playing...

Also i need to improve on my ENGRISH~!!! Test is in two weeks? ARGH~!! Oh wait before i forget, let me share the reason for the smile on my face ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q (Thanks HoHo for sharing this link with me... <3)>

No comments: